Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hectic research turns out to gratefulness to a special lady


This summer has been pretty much stuffed with research works, paper writing, post-processing results. In most circumstances, I have to buckle down, stay up in the lab, then read any relevant journals, even those that weren’t necessary, as much to find lousy papers I should avoid as praiseworthy ones I should emulate.

I have been working so hard that I hoped would someday pay off leading me to my dissertation. Getting into the final year of my research degree, I learned that a graduate education has its own neatly defined timeline, which won’t disappear however compelling your reasons for wishing it would.

Two possible extremes that might happen were playing tricks in my mind. I might be wildly productive, read voraciously, and produce many great results and at least a few good ideas. Or that I might grow wildly depressed, stew endlessly, and simmer alone in my room and not do a single thing, hang on… perhaps, Dota all day long.

I knew myself well enough to guess the second is not an absolute certainty; but I also know myself well enough to predict that even if put in the same situation again, emotional and slack side of me will delude myself into the second. Simply, a thoroughly rational man refuses to admit his impotence against emotion.

With so and so there lies anticipation- anticipation of a hiatus, physically, mentally or both.

Tonight there comes one, a perpetual anticipation to be precise. She shared, I tagged and she dedicated. Tremendous thank you to the special lady-Grace Ng I met on a train-cruising trip in Lopburi, Thailand!!

These greeting cards somehow free me from agitation, which in turn revel in the smile that portrayed in the face of poohs. I am indulging myself in the words and printing in the cards. I savour it as the greatest things since long.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thx u happy received it!!!

yuanfen said...

so cute!!! donno can find pooh CNY cards here onot hmm

Anonymous said...

Took me time to read the whole article, the article is great but the comments bring more brainstorm ideas, thanks.

- Johnson