Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nikon D90 vs Canon EOS7D

We all love toys. Some love expensive toys. I do love toys, both soft and hard. But nobody loves an expensive toy they never use.

People often think that carrying a DSLR everywhere with them is a heavy issue. I personally disagree so, having carrying a Nikon D90 to Melbourne, Bali, Bangkok, etc, I have never felt it as a burden at all, though it will never blend into the fabric of my life like a pocket camera will.


The gear in my hand is actually Nikon D3, captured by Nikon D90 though

Most serious photographers will tell you about two choices in the DSLR market: Nikon and Canon. Although companies like Olympus and Sony also make DSLRs, Nikon and Canon have such strong legacies in SLR photography that they have earned an unshakable amount of trust among professional photographers. Being an amateur, I am not one to question the conventional wisdom of professionals. Both are equally priced, equally equipped, and even take cues off each other in the feature department.

“Canons are the best cameras available designed by engineers, and Nikons are the best cameras one can buy designed by photographers.”

That probably explains why I should go for Canon now, engineer being. Model in my mind, Canon EOS7d, what do you think?

3 comments:

haan said...

i tried both. final decision is still go with nikon :)

misspeepoo said...

那么贵的玩具,我也爱!哈哈~
但是那么大一粒对我来说是负担,尤其是出国。

YEN said...

When I did my photojournalism subject in USM a few years ago, my professor said Nikon is the best. So since then I've always been a Nikon supporter. Ditto to Haan :-)