Monday, May 11, 2009

Moving overseas can be an experience of a life time and a fantastic opportunity to not only immerse into another culture but embrace the different lifestyle of that country. Undoubtedly, it is also daunting, where do I start, how do I go about it, is it the right thing to do? Fortunately for me, I had travelled and holidayed in Western country previously, therefore, I knew a little of what to expect.

4 years I have been settling down in Sydney. The years leading up to my move is exciting yet stressful, however, a little research and networking goes a long way.
Remind family and friends that I am about to embark on an awesome opportunity and they are more than welcome to visit whenever they want. I want them to know how much this opportunity means to me and reassure them I am prepared for the change. Keep in contact with them regularly, that’s what I do. Phone calls may be expensive but then I teach my mom how to use skype and chat with her over skype every now and then.

Lastly, however I simply have too many precious poohs stranded at home!!!


No comments: