Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Friends and Acquaintances in Sydney

After two hours of lethargic standing in tutoring MMAN2100, I spent a little time adrift hanging around the campus I just spend four years on. As I struggled to come to the terms with the fact that many of my friends were moving on to begin the next phase of their lives, as I wandered how I was going to continue meeting up new acquaintances and as I thought of whether or not a year later I would be on my way to my desired career path or stuck in the same limbo.

Up to the fall of 2010, the trajectory of my attempt to study abroad would forever hold a special place in my memory upon I stumbled into Lethe. I would just say life imposes itself on you in that kind of a way. Thinking back, I actually suffered from the naive illusion that I deserved some helps, and then came with the big disappointment and heartache that were implied in my succinct summation: “ Maybe, I am just not good enough” back in 2005. It was those days when one reason that has most controlled the fates of individuals throughout history but was supposed to have been rendered irrelevant in the modern day: money, and the lack thereof.

To cumulate the acquaintances and friends I have met in OZ land: Juwin Ng, then very first housemates in Forsyth St. , Karl Leung, Patrick Mak, Zhiqi Wang, housemates in Barker St. , Qim Lee, bunch of college-mates in Warrane, Foo Hew, Sahn Lee, Cheng Wong, Justin Saw, Vixon Han and most recently, Macho Ma and Phoebe Chan. Alongside with my old friends: Aifen Chai, Kokyew Lee, SKC mates, to name just a few.


Dinner at my place, Macho&Phoebe

to be continued...

1 comment:

haan said...

没有试过在澳洲遇到SKC人。理论上是有过,吴院庭,但是是在离开大学之后才察觉,我们曾在同一时间在同一个地方,还拥有相同的common friends。就是少了那点缘份相遇。