Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Foolish game

It was a foolish game that I have played. I would love to say it was one of those “love at first sight” things, but as palpable as the instantaneous attraction was, the most overwhelming feeling was annoyance. Call it an unparalleled annoyance.

I like my own saying: be grateful for having been granted the joy of fun and affection at one point of time in which it just not meant to last, and then move on. But for this case, I was not granted for anything, merely unrequited love.

The only things from you are, perhaps just some intent stares, which were observed when I casually turned my head. I have always considered myself a bit of a clairvoyant, but it does not take a psychic to acknowledge that the sudden rush of heat I felt is that which can only be brought on by you.

Having no guts in approaching you, I chalked it up to paranoia and moved closer to you. It was maddening, really. You did not even seem interested, slightly puzzled maybe.

I felt like a fundamental part of me was missing for the longest time, it constantly seemed as if I was reaching for something, only to have it slip through my fingers in the last second. I was never one to dwell on the past, but despite how things ended, my previous relationship meant too much for me to pretend to be cavalier about it and brush it off as if it were nothing.

Now, I think it is the end,and it would remain as a sweet nostalgia to have recalled how you grind while you were asleep.

2 comments:

liTtlE WorDs said...

It's so fun when reading your post, really like it. Looking forward your next post ^^

luvprada said...

thx. check it out soon :)