Monday, January 20, 2014

New car

Perhaps, there are certain sparkle appears in my eyes when asked about my first car. First car is probably a landmark in life, and often I associate it with exciting dates, day trips, or merely showcasing it on the street.

July 2011, the day came after half a year I moved out from the university campus. I realised my own transport has became a necessity and I want to stop relying on public transport for rides here and there. My visit to the Larke Hoskins in Homebush ended up with a brand new Honda Accord Euro 2.4 luxury. While taking the ride home, I remembered how many hours I have to work to save up for my car and how accomplished I felt when I bought it.

Everything was feeling great. I remember those moment, I was so certain that obtaining a first car is a very important milestone in one’s life. It not only gives you the independence to drive wherever you want, but it also gives you a sense of freedom. It felt even better that I was rushing out to the street and getting into my new car. Each time I started up the car and headed to work, I remember those waiting period, idling hours I spent and how I deserved this rite of passage. Also, I felt lucky that time based on the fact that I did not receive a single penny from my parent for my first car which granted me the feeling of being a truly independent teen.

Upgrading my first car recently was probably a big leap in life. I would treasure it for as long as I have it. This trip back to Malaysia, I witnessed a cousin brother of mine upgraded his Kia Forte to Peugeot 408. More importantly, there was this nice Audi A6 replacing the Honda Accord 2.0 on a very important person in my life. I told myself that I would like to keep the same pace with this person despite that we are leading the different path now. I did have some negative feelings, more like my incompetency towards this person. Negative feelings must be released directly by some kind of process based on a sophisticated way. It was then I decided to visit Audi Centre upon my arrival in Sydney.  

There I go, a brand new Audi Q5 TDI. 


No comments: