Sunday, January 19, 2014

Home country food

I find myself becoming quite nostalgic about the hometown/country food that I used to take for granted now that I have been residing abroad. These are snapshots of food taken between periods 4 Dec - 14 Dec 2013, 19 Dec -25 Dec 2013, 1 Jan -13 Jan 2014. Sorry that my comments are mostly negative, but I did enjoy them during my stay in Malaysia. I have a bit of difficulty in remembering those restaurants in Chinese name, lol. 

A simple dinner in Sekinchan. 
My favorite crab, but taste really so so. 

Steamed fish head in 168 Restaurant, Lorong 6 Site B, taste really so so and I doubt I will ever go back

This steamed fish head was much better, consistent as it used to be- Ah kua restuarant

A horrible dried wonton noodle, diagonal to the post office in Sekinchan. I will never go back for sure. 

Mom's cooking, always the best! Wish I could have more. 

A 'drunken' prawn soup, somewhere half way to Genting, Batang Berjuntai I guess?

Bird nest in Genting Highland, nothing special other than dumping cash for this. 

Fish in Batang Kali restaurant, reasonably good!

Back to Sekinchan, these were taken in Dua Mui at Bagan, Sekinchan. The food quality dropped significant this trip, quite disappointed. 

Crab with fried Meehoon and Pomfret congee, not bad.  


Beef ball and Green curry noodle, nothing special other than with someone special. 

Another steam fish head in Sekinchan taken opposite red cross medical center. I would prefer the Ah Kua one shown above. 

Taken somewhere at Changlun, north of Peninsula Malaysia.

A family dinner at a restaurant opposite market in Sekinchan. 

Scampi and shrimp paste in Tony Roma, but where is the scampi? What a disappointment! 

Very poorly served fish. Taken at restaurant next to the temple in Sekinchan. 

Maggi goreng in Zam Zam. No comment on its taste, it was more like memory recollection after so long. 

Surprisingly good, opposite to the post office in Sekinchan. 



Taken in one of my favorite restaurant in Tengkurak, the fish head dish was good but the rest, so so. 

Another dried wonton noodle, taken next to market in Sekinchan. Its consistent taste, did recall my childhood memory. 

Sashimi in Niyjimaru, Permas Jaya Johor, quite good but priced at RM59. 

Charsiew and siewyok at Tun Aminah, nearby Sutera Mall in Johor Bahru. I have to say good because my lawyer fren paid for this.  

Nasi ulam something in Plan B, Bangsar village. Too dry! 

No comments: